Monday, May 19, 2008

A Rose by any other name...would not smell as sweet

My favorite flower is the rose. It doesn't last that long in a vase though so I like to enjoy it more in a painting or smelling them in the garden. I've never been able to actually paint them as easily as I see others do. Just a storke here and there and a little wiggle and mine looks like a blob on paper. However by some strange miracle these happened to turn out like a Rose. I guess you could say ...I came out smelling like a Rose! Well, you be the judge of my most recent attempt.





4 comments:

Cherie said...

My goodness...it seems that you can do anything! You are truly an inspiration. I've been busy lately with things that are going on in my son's life but things are beginning to look up. I enjoy your blogs.

~Blessings
Cherie

Domestically Inclined said...

As our Pastor used to say many years ago....I can do all things through Christ....who thinks I am somebody else! I used to laugh until God started doing that with me! Phew! But I can still say God is good! So glad to hear things are looking up for you!

Elisabeth said...

What beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them! :) I can't draw or paint roses AT ALL!

HOPE said...

I really want to learn to do watercolor...it is my favorite medium of painting.

If you go to my blog...on my house tour is a watercolor my son did at age 17..."just showing me a little of what he learned in class!!"..we surprised him and had it matted and framed and it is now MY TREASURE!

Your roses are gorgeous! Keep up the good work...I can't wait to see more...

HOPE